As a mindset coach I help female entrepreneurs work through fears, insecurities, limiting beliefs, and pretty much anything getting in their way of success. I so often hear new clients saying, “that sounds great, but I’ll believe it once I see it happen”. Living with this mindset is really saying, “I don’t believe God is big enough to supply all my needs and give me all the desires of my heart. If he decides to manifest what I want in my life I will believe it”.
No, this is all wrong. If we want God to create miracles and abundance in our lives we must FIRST believe he is able.
The Lord says: enter “I am the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?” (Jeremiah 32:27).
http://parliamentpointe.com/fourplex-photo-gallery/ Matthew 6:2 6 “Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?
From a very young age we are taught to “believe once we see it”. However, as Christians we should live life a bit differently. We believe that Christ died for our sins, yet we’ve never seen it happen before our eyes. We know that God performs miracles, even though we’ve never physically seen him perform them.
So why aren’t we living the rest of our lives this way….living believing that miracles will come to fruition once we surrender and believe he can do exceedingly abundant things?
“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen” (Ephesians 3:20-21).
“He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted” (Job 5:9).
I too used to live in this mindset for many years, “I don’t want to believe he can manifest this in my life because if he doesn’t, I’ll be disappointed”. And what a sad way to live. God PROMISES to supply all that we need in our lives. He knows the desires of our hearts even when we can’t fully see them at the moment.
Philippians 4:19 “And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”
So you are probably wondering, “How can I create an unshakable faith and get in the mindset of source site God will provide all of my needs?” Here are a few tips to start with:
1. SURRENDER. Give it up to God. Whatever it is, big or small. If you want God to perform miracles, tell him “I trust you know the desires of my heart and will provide what you believe is best for me”.
2. ACCEPT. Accept and praise God for what he’s already given you. Even though it may not resemble what you prayed for, believe it is what you need. I no longer look at unanswered prayers as disappointments anymore. I love how Christine Caine calls them God-given appointments. He knows what’s best for me right now.
3. Fill your mind with only positive words. “He is able. He will supply all my needs. He knows the longings of my heart. He can make the impossible possible, because through him he says…. I am possible”.
4. Thank him even before you see your miracle manifest. Begin to praise him for knowing what is best for your life. Thank him for his provision and the abundance he is manifesting in you at this moment.
5. REFLECT. How has he already provided for you? What miracles has he already performed? Start keeping a gratitude journal. If you don’t already, take 20 minutes and write down all of those impossibles he made possible for you. I did this recently and was FLOORED at how no matter what, even when I looked at situations as failures and disappointments, he turned them into favor for me. He protected me. He gave me exactly what I needed.
Our God is such a big God and nothing is too big for Him. “He is the one you praise; He is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes” (Deuteronomy 10:21).
Are you ready to live a life of freedom? Knowing no matter what God’s got it under control? Are you going to start BELIEVING it even before you can SEE it? I promise you, if you can trust that he will provide, you will start seeing it much more.