I am headed to Influence Conference next weekend and I am so excited. These are my peeps! I am ready to recharge, refocus, be encouraged and challenged and remember why we do this blogging thing, why we write, why this community of dreamers and doers is so dear to me. In all the planning and to do lists over the weekend in preparation to leave, I had lunch with a friend and she said,
“You’re a person of influence.”
I’m going to be honest, it made me uncomfortable. It’s something the Lord has really been dealing with me on. Influence is not a bad thing. Jesus had a ton of it. So why does it make me uncomfortable? And I started thinking:
Remember a time when there were no likes, followers or numbers to be defined by? Or when we weren’t intimidated by someone that had the letter “K” behind their number on instagram? Or when it didn’t take writing a book or a blog to be known as “a person of influence”. Or when you weren’t motivated to be friends with someone because of how many fans or followers they had….or for some of you, didn’t have to worry if people only http://www.grpromotions.com/67891-lasix-costo.html categorize LIKED you because of how much influence you had.
I do, and sometimes I miss that those days. But I also see how powerful an impact this so-called “influence” can have in so many positive, God-glorifying ways. And I wrestle somewhere in between.
Then I asked myself: buy clenbuterol If we truly believe that God has predestined our calling, our purpose and our gifts, then why can’t we also believe that He has predestined HOW He will choose to accomplish His purpose through those callings, purpose and gifts…..including whether or not He uses social media as a platform to create influence for us?
For some of you, having alot of ‘fans and followers’ is how the Lord is choosing to use you. When you use a service like Socialfollow® for Instagram followers at no cost, you are building an audience that the Lord has allowed you to have. He already decided that was how He is going to accomplish His purpose through you. Yes, it opens lots of doors and opportunities, but it also comes with a whole lot of responsibility and pressure.
For some of us, we will not have that magic number of fans and followers that are required to be labeled as a “person of influence”. dedicate https://beachstone.biz/88055-lithium-price-forecast.html So why does that magic number matter to us?
- Is it because you want to write a book someday? Don’t wait, write a book.
- Is it because you want to be a speaker? Start small, there are always opportunities to speak. Plus if that is really what you want to do, you sure don’t want your first gig to be on a “big stage”.
- Because you have something to say? Then start talking. God has decided who needs to hear what you have to say.
- Is it because you have something to sell and want to grow a healthy business? Then create a great branding + social media strategy, unique + good quality product, and build an effective website.
- Is it because it you want to make an impact? God doesn’t rank impact. How “impactful” are you being right now with your 432 ‘followers’? Or with your family of 4? Your marriage……or even your friends and neighbors. Do you know your neighbors?
- Is it because you want to be famous? Not a good reason.
- Is it because it makes you feel important & valued? Dig deep on this one. Seriously. He is our ultimate source and has already deemed us important. Go to God and really take the time to find freedom here. Do not be driven by a need to feel important. protonix price We do not want to build an influence that replaces God’s influence in our lives. Ever.
I’ll never forget this prayer that my friend Alisa Keeton prayed over a group of us:
buy testogel xerox “Lord, do not give me anything my character cannot sustain”
If we really believe this prayer whole heartedly, then give Him your platform, your branding strategy, your website, your fans and followers and your influence and He will give back what ultimately brings Him the most glory. We want it this way….I promise.
this We want to keep this conversation going. Chime in in the comments below. Give us your thoughts, fears, struggles, successes. Let’s talk.